Employment Opportunity: Contract designer/art director
Contract Position: Designer/Art Director for ndncountry
Contemporary Verse 2 and Prairie Fire Press are looking for an experienced designer/art director of Indigenous heritage to design and oversee the art direction for a special, joint issue of Indigenous writing from across Canada.
What is ndncountry?
ndncountry is a collaboration between CV2 and Prairie Fire (long-standing literary magazines based in Winnipeg) featuring Indigenous writing from across Canada by both established and emerging Indigenous writers. Edited by Katherena Vermette and Warren Cariou, this issue also features artwork from Indigenous artists. The launch will take place in September of 2018 at Thin Air with many of the writers in attendance.
- The Designer/Art Director will create a look for the issue and participate in selecting artwork for the cover and interior
- Will work closely with the existing designers from both magazines and consult with the editors
- This is a part-time contract position from December 2017 to June of 2018
- This is a paid position with rate based on experience
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge of and or experience with Indigenous cultures, languages and history. Indigenous ancestry and cultural knowledge are considered essential. Please indicate community affiliation in cover letter.
- Professional design experience or equivalent experience
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop an asset
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Please send a short cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Prairie Fire Press: email@example.com
For more information please contact Prairie Fire Press at 204 943 9066 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications: November 13, 2017