Write under pressure
2-Day Poem Contest 2013
Registration deadline: Registration closed for 2013
The 2014 contest will take place in April 2014
We are so happy to announce the winners of the 2013 2-Day Poem Contest.
First, the winners. First, second and third place were chosen by this year's judge, Katia Grubisic (winner of last year's contest). This year we also have Editor's Choice and Editor's Mom's Choice.
Second, the voting. We have 12 amazing poems in the shortlist for People's Choice, and we're asking you to choose your favourite.
Third, some excellent word play. We've highlighted one use of each word that the editors found original or exceptional in some way. Enjoy! When there are so many great submissions, why not share a bit more?
... I'm a fluid-air-sifted oxy-mitochondrial gambit of enzymes ...
—Stephen Maude, “I Run With You Still”
... the stuttering neon of mass-wanting ...
—Annathea McLennan, “When the Rains Come”
... the relish of revultion menu on the window sill
with condiments of soviet era green ...
—paul cameron miller, “Refill”
... Our eyes are older than the bob of our toes ...
—Colette Tennant, “Birth Order”
... the bungalow shedding beige paint riotous marigolds rank with nettles ...
—Jaun Harrow, “High Wire”
... balls, clubs, rings, diabolos record in trajectories
every cue from fingers, thumb, or palm
—Paris Elizabeth Sea, “First timer at the Jugglers’ Training Hall”
... Wet shoes trapeze puddles ...
—Dorothy Mahoney, “Marimo”
... The distinctive rococo feng shui of the womb ...
—Brian Millado, “Born Still”
... No scrubby savannah of reconciliation ...
—P.S. Cottier, “Roll up! Leap through!”
- Winning poems will be published in the Fall 2013 issue of CV2 magazine, and on our website.
- First Prize: $500 plus a one-year subscription and publication in CV2 magazine.
- Second Prize: $300 plus a one-year subscription and publication in CV2 magazine.
- Third Prize: $150 plus a one-year subscription and publication in CV2 magazine.
- Plus, print and web publication + a 1-year subscription to CV2 magazine will be awarded to the Editor's Choice, the Editor's Mom's Choice and the People's Choice poems.